Simplifying Sustainability Decisions
SIMAP® is a carbon and nitrogen-accounting platform that can track, analyze, and improve your campus-wide sustainability. Our proven algorithms, based on nearly two decades of work supporting campus inventories with the Campus Carbon Calculator, CarbonMAP and Nitrogen Footprint Tool, will help you:
- Create a baseline
- Benchmark your performance
- Create reports
- Set goals
- Analyze your progress year over year
Your Campus Footprint
CO2 emissions from generating power, treating waste, daily commuting, and even the use of paper, contribute to a campus' carbon footprint. Reducing these greenhouse gas emissions will help slow the effects of climate change and global warming.
Reactive nitrogen can result from everyday activities like food service, energy use, transportation, and ground fertilizer. Reducing your nitrogen footprint can provide benefits to air quality, water quality, and climate change.
While SIMAP offers basic functionality at no cost for two months, we also offer two premium subscription levels that provide additional features at a nominal license fee. Our model allows UNH to cover the costs of continuing to offer and support this tool for the good of the entire campus-based sustainability community.
Basic (free) access for two months
A basic SIMAP subscription provides free access to our web platform for a two month period, where you can use the available tools to help calculate the carbon and nitrogen footprints of your campus. Data can be entered and stored for up to two months. After this period, you may upgrade to have access to the data.
Tier 1 ($350*, Increasing to $400* on February 3, 2020) annual subscription fee
Tier 1 features include:
- Import and export of all input data, emissions factors, and results
- Customizable emissions factors for all sources
- Administration of multiple users under one single institutional account
- Nitrogen footprint results based on GHG inventory data (and/or food purchasing data)
- Export to the Second Nature Reporting Platform for Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitment signatories
- Interactive graphs
- Reports, including the annual report, Second Nature report, and food report
- Data review with the SIMAP team**
Tier 2 ($600*) annual subscription fee
The following features will be available with Tier 2 in February 2020:
- Ability to manage and compare your campuses and buildings
- Ability to 'tag' data points for aggregated viewing (e.g., fleet vehicles, dining halls)
The following features are under consideration for a future version of Tier 2:
- Customizable report templates
- Auto-reporting to other platforms
- "Projections" and "solutions" analysis to assist with Climate Action Planning
- Complete Scope 3 reporting module (based on the WRI Scope 3 Protocol)
- Benchmarking capabilities based on sector averages and peer institutions
* The UNH Sustainability Institute has significant discounts with various organizational partners for its members. If you are a member, you will receive a coupon code for the appropriate discount.
** The SIMAP team is happy to perform 1 data review per calendar year as part of your Tier 1 membership. However, to appropriately account for our staff time, we do charge a nominal fee for review beyond the first request. Please contact us for more information.