Simplifying Sustainability Decisions
SIMAP® is a carbon and nitrogen-accounting platform that can track, analyze, and improve your campus-wide sustainability. Our proven algorithms, based on nearly two decades of work supporting campus inventories with the Campus Carbon Calculator, CarbonMAP and Nitrogen Footprint Tool, will help you:
- Create a baseline
- Benchmark your performance
- Create reports
- Set goals
- Analyze your progress year over year
Your Campus Footprint
CO2 emissions from generating power, treating waste, daily commuting, and even the use of paper, contribute to a campus' carbon footprint. Reducing these greenhouse gas emissions will help slow the effects of climate change and global warming.
Reactive nitrogen can result from everyday activities like food service, energy use, transportation, and ground fertilizer. Reducing your nitrogen footprint can provide benefits to air quality, water quality, and climate change.
SIMAP offers two subscription levels (Tier 1 and Tier 2) that help you calculate your carbon and nitrogen footprint at a nominal license fee. We also offer add-on services, such as data reviews and additional user support time. We continue to offer a free 2-month trial (Basic account). Our model allows UNH to cover the costs of continuing to offer and support this tool for the good of the entire campus-based sustainability community.
Tier 1 ($400*) annual subscription
Tier 1 features include:
- Reports, including the annual report, Second Nature report, and food report
- Import and export of all input data, emissions factors, and results
- Customizable emissions factors for all sources
- Administration of multiple users under one single institutional account
- Export to the Second Nature Reporting Platform for Presidents’ Climate Leadership Commitment signatories
- Interactive graphs
- User support resource materials
- One-on-one inventory support time, up to 1 hour per year
Tier 2 ($600*) annual subscription
Tier 2 includes all of the featuers available with Tier 1 plus these new features released in February 2020:
- Ability to manage and compare your campuses and buildings
- Ability to 'tag' data points for aggregated viewing (e.g., fleet vehicles, dining halls)
The following features are under consideration for a future version of Tier 2:
- Customizable report templates
- Auto-reporting to other platforms
- "Projections" and "solutions" analysis to assist with Climate Action Planning
- Complete Scope 3 reporting module (based on the WRI Scope 3 Protocol)
- Benchmarking capabilities based on sector averages and peer institutions
You can purchase these additional services to support your campus reporting:
- Annual data review**
- Dedicated one-on-one inventory support and advising (in excess of 1 hour annually)
We are considering offering other footprinting services, such as custom webinars and workshops. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We continue to offer a free basic subscription with the following features:
- 2 months free access
- Up-to-date standardized emissions calculations and factors
- User support resource materials
* The UNH Sustainability Institute offers a discount to Second Nature signatories of the Carbon, Climate, and Resilience Commitments. If you are a signatory, you will receive a promo code on the my account page.
** As of July 1, 2020, data reviews are add-on services and are separate from Tier 1 and Tier 2 subscriptions. Please contact us for more information.