Data Review Process
As an add-on service*, we offer a detailed data review with the SIMAP team. This process will provide a verification of your data and results. Once your data review is complete, the SIMAP team will indicate it is complete on the 'Status' page and your completed review will be stored on your SIMAP account.
Completing the data review with the SIMAP team will earn AASHE STARS points (0.625 points) as an independent validation/verification of your institution’s GHG inventory. For more information, please see the current STARS 2.1 Technical Manual and the draft 2.2 Technical Manual.
The data review process has four steps:
- First, if you upgraded your SIMAP account after July 1, 2020, please purchase a data review as an add-on service. To do this, click the green upgrade button on the my account page, select data review, and follow the prompts.
- Second, complete the data review and record your findings. This data review should be completed in this Excel-based Data Review Template (updated 2 July 2020). Once completed, email the file to email@example.com and include any files you imported to your SIMAP account. Note: We do not review raw data files as part of the SIMAP data review.
- Third, once you have completed your portion of the data review and emailed the files, please fill out the request form below. We will have an internal data review by UNHSI staff.
- Fourth, we will schedule a joint review to go over our findings and provide any recommendations. We may reach out to you with questions during our internal review.
Please allow up to six weeks for the joint review to take place after you complete first step of the review process (i.e., submit your PDF or Excel document and request a data review).
* As of July 1, 2020, data reviews are add-on services and are separate from Tier 1 and Tier 2 subscriptions. Please contact us for more information.