Welcome to the carbon footprint references page! The carbon footprint includes greenhouse gas emissions in the form of CO2, CH4, N2O, and refrigerants/chemicals. The calculation of the carbon footprint follows the guidelines from the GHG Protocol. Whenever possible, the same data sources are used for both the carbon and nitrogen footprint for alignment in methods and system bounds. The main source for the carbon footprint emission factors is the EPA US GHG Inventory. Additional details about the carbon footprint can be found on the Training page. As always, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
General information on emission factor versions
- Emission Factor Versons page, which summarizes the updates for each version of emission factors by source category
2020 version of emission factors: Recommended
- List of references used for the 2020 version of emission factors
- Table of all emission factor values for the 2020 version of emission factors: Coming soon!
2019 version of emission factors (outdated)
- List of 2019 references used for the 2019 version of emission factors
- Table of all emission factor values for the 2019 version of emission factors
2017 and 2018 versions of emission factors (outdated)