Training videos and slides, organized by topic
Below are links to short slide presentations and video webinars about a range of topics from basic account setup to detailed information about purchased electricity methodologies. Please suggest topics for which you would like to see a training video or additional information.
Setting up your account
- Upgrading your SIMAP account [PDF, prepared July 2020]
- Account setup [ppt slides] Note: The payment system layout has changed since these slides were put together.
- Q&A Webinar: answering user's questions [presented on April 12, 2019]
- Second Nature and SIMAP: reporting best practices and methodologies [presented March 1, 1-2 PM EST]
- SIMAP 101: Refresher webinar slides [presented on February 1, 2019] and recording of the webinar.
- Introduction to SIMAP overview slides [presented on October 11, 2017]
- SIMAP Training slides [presented on November 30, 2017]
Scope 2 purchased electricity
- See below
Scope 3 topics
- Food Reporting slides [presented on September 13, 2019].
- The importance of collecting food data and how to do it in SIMAP [October 18, 2018 AASHE webinar]
The nitrogen footprint
- The local nitrogen footprint [5-minute video, prepared July 2020]
- UNH's food nitrogen footprint [5-minute video, prepared July 2020]
- Nitrogen Footprint introduction [pdf slides, video in production]
- Nitrogen Footprint Tool for Universities [June 27, 2018 AASHE webinar]
Reporting your results
- SIMAP data reviews, an overview [5-minute video, prepared July 2020]
- UNH's carbon footprint [5-minute video, prepared July 2020]
Looking forward: Complete scope 3, projections and solutions
- Complete scope 3 webinar slides [presented on August 12, 2020] and recording of the webinar
- Complete Scope 3 presentation at 2018 AASHE Conference [presented at AASHE, October 2018]
- Slides from the AASHE 2018 presentation on projections, solutions, and goal setting [October 4, 2018]
Renewable Energy Credits: Scope 2 [4/16/2018] and Q&A from the webinar
- Data collection: Scope 1
- Customization of emission factors: Scope 2
- Understanding the data